Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011 Reading Challenges

So continuing our annual reading challenge tradition, my reading buddy and I decided to take it easy this year. We're skipping the specifics and just going with a simple TBR challenge. We will also log the number of pages read. Simple and easy!

And of course, I can never leave well enough alone. I went looking for other reading challenges.

I've committed myself to a few other challenges:
- Book Chick City is hosting the Mystery & Suspense Challenge 2011! Mysteries are my first love, so this challenge won't be too much of a stretch.
- Cruisin' thru the Cozies Reading Challenge 2011 hosted by Socrates' Book Reviews is another challenge that piqued my interest. Cozies are right up my alley! So this challenge will be a complete cheat. It's not even fair to call it a challenge since given a choice, cozies is what I would read.
- And then for fun, I decided to also join in on the Page to Screen Reading Challenge hosted by Reading Extensively. Yes, I know, normally I am not a fan of books to movies. But I'm prepared to have a less than stellar reading year with the arrival of the new baby in a couple of weeks. So I thought why not have fun with it. I could spend my many sleepless nights watching movies/shows based on books. Kill two birds with one stone!

No comments: