Tuesday, January 10, 2012

2011 End of Year Stats

I thought this would be fun to do. I stole, ahem, I mean borrowed the idea from someone else. For the first time I can actually figure out the stats because I kept a spreadsheet of the books I read. I didn't keep the best records but they are more or less accurate, just some mislabeling here and there.

12 Chick Lit
13 Children's books
1 Classic
4 Cozies
28 Culinary Mysteries
10 General Fiction
13 Mysteries
1 Nonfiction
4 Romance
1 Suspense
7 Young Adult
2 books I gave up on
1 book I returned because I realized as I was reading the first chapter that I already read the book
3 books I didn't finish by the end of 2011 - one I finished 5 days into the new year

83 books borrowed from the library
29 ebooks
33 Hardcover books - one book overlaps with an ebook because I found the ebook after I started reading the library book
35 Paperback books

85 pages was my shortest ebook read
150 pages was my shortest print book read
1162 pages was my longest ebook read
529 pages was my longest print book read

1 - 2 1/2 star book
20 - 3 star books
46 - 3 1/2 star books
18 - 4 star books
8 - 4 1/2 star books
3 - 5 star books

Oh, and the whole point of keeping the spreadsheet to keep track of the pages read:
28863 pages read

Okay that number is tweaked a little. Just a little. I have a book that I finished 1/5/12, so technically not completed at the end of 2011. However, I forgot to note what page I was on when the year ended, soooooo I just added in the total number of pages instead. I also have two books that are unfinished from 2011 that I suppose I will eventually finish however, I haven't included those numbers either. Yes, I am being anal....

No comments: