Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Baby Chronicles by Judy Baer

I chose this book blindly. First off, I knew it was chick lit but I didn't realize it was Christian chick lit. Secondly, apparently it is a part of a series. I didn't realize that til I finished the book. I saw a comment on the back cover about The Whitney Chronicles. Bummer. I prefer not to read books out of order. Oh well.

As far as the Christian chick lit is concerned, I didn't feel as though it was overtly religious. It wasn't til the end that religion is mentioned more. So that didn't really bother me.

It was a nice cozy book about 3 women who want to have babies. Whitney, who decides to have a baby after 2 years of marriage, and is pleasantly surprised by one. Mitzi, who has been on fertility treatments after trying for a long time and is surprised with triplets. Kim, who is adopting due to health issues - breast cancer and depression - which would make a pregnancy an unwise decision. We go through their trials and tribulations as they talk, laugh, play and work. Towards the end of her pregnancy, Whitney's faith is tested she almost loses her husband. It is Mitzi who helps her see her way back.

And of course there is a fairy tale ending where their amazing boss restructures and renovates their office so that the 3 women can make their own hours and bring their babies into work with them. Where can I find a job like that?

No comments: