Friday, January 2, 2009

Broken resolutions

So I already broke my New Year resolution.... No, it was not to keep up with this blog. Although that would be a good resolution, wouldn't it? lol I told myself that I would be a better mom. Oops, too late. I think I need help. I really do. It is not healthy for myself or the kids for me to be so angry. I just can't help myself. :( The boys just make me really angry and I lose it. I really feel like running away. I am so tired of being taken for granted. I really wonder how much influence D has over them. They see him ignoring me and learn from that. Ugh.

I already know that this is not going to be a good year. It didn't start off on a good note, did it? D just aggravates the crap out of me. Such an inconsiderate ass. Yes, I may be making it a bigger deal than it is. He doesn't really have to be with me at the stroke of midnight. I don't really care. But seriously, he really needs to figure out his priorities, be with friends or be with me. If he says that stupid crap about being rude again, I swear.... Yeah, it matters other people's opinion than mine. He'd rather be rude to me than to others. Uh, okay.

Anyway, to bigger and better things. New book challenge for the year. Well, I haven't quite figured out what I am going to do. There seem to be so many this year. Maybe there were always so many and I just wasn't aware. Now I am aware. And I am tempted by many. I am going to do one with JC - the 50 book challenge. We're going to call it that even though it might be more than 50. Let's see, in it we're going to do the AZ author challenge again. I am going to give this a twist by applying only the books of authors I have never read before. Just to make it a little harder and make me read other authors since I tend to ram through authors. That gives us 26. Oh, we settled on 12 genres, so 2 from each genre would give us 24, bringing to a total of 50. Cool. The 12 genres are:
nonfiction
humor/comedy
general fiction
chick lit
biography/memoir,
classic
romance
sci-fi/fantasy
young adult
mystery/thriller
horror
historical fiction

Umm..... I'm on book 2. Heehee. I may attempt other challenges but I don't know if I'll be biting off more than I can chew. I read over 100 books last year. But I don't know if I can repeat. I'm sure a lot of the books I read were "fluff" books. Those are easy reads but they didn't apply to any challenges. This year's challenge is more specific and may be harder. We'll see. And once little Zman gets more mobile, I'm sure reading will become a challenge in itself for me.

Can I pretend that the New Year starts now and start over again? I promise I'll try harder to be a better mom. The boys deserve better than me..... D doesn't, but the boys do.

No comments: