Monday, January 26, 2009

Shopaholic and a Baby by Sophie Kinsella

Becky Brandon is at it again. But this time around I find the story a bit more heartwarming. She and Luke are expecting. And I suppose I can relate. When you're expecting, you can't help but want to get anything and everything for the baby. But you do realize the reality of things and restrain yourself to an extent. Not so with Becky. She is a shopaholic, you know. She also wants the celebrity obstetrician that she overhears a fellow shopper talking about. Unfortunately this new celeb ob-gyn happens to be an ex of Luke's. But that doesn't stop Becky b/c she wants to go where the celebs go. We follow Becky as she shops in the name of the baby. Becky goes through a lot in this book that I'll blame on hormones. ;) As does everyone else in the book. What is not hormonal is the ex trying to sabotage Becky and Luke's marriage. As Becky goes into false and then real labor, we find out why and how Luke falls in love with Becky - well, we know b/c we've been with them since the beginning... And now there is a new little being to join them. Now you don't think I'm going to give it away, do you?

Now I'm wondering if I should read Confessions of a Shopaholic. Not that I'm ever going to see the movie. I'm pretty sure that the book is based on the movie. Then that would be a condensed version of the the first few books, I think. Eh, not really interested.

No comments: